It’s been a fascinating 10 days since I published my post, “A Call to Prayer. You can find it here. There have been many skirmishes and one major all out attack, but the overarching strategy is to get me to doubt. Here are some examples:
- Why would God talk to you?
- Your reputation is on the line. Don’t you think you should back down a little?
- You were praying for a specific date before, and look what happened then.
- You can’t trust the people you’re dealing with. How do you know the birth mother won’t change her mind?
- Your husband’s reputation is on the line. You’re both going to end up looking like fools.
- Isn’t your blog just really an attempt to get attention?
- You can’t trust God.
Really the list of lies swimming through my head could go on and on and on and on. And it’s difficult sometimes not to listen, to remind myself that lies are what they really are.
The past two days God has used scripture to remind me that He is faithful, that He is able, that He is trustworthy and that He is mighty in power. To my amusement, He had me finding all of this in the book of Numbers. Why was I amused? I usually pass over this book since in my head, it’s about numbering all the people in Israel and usually that bores (full-blown honesty here) me to tears.
But I read Numbers 10 and 11 yesterday and 12 and 13 today. And here’s what God taught me:
Lesson #1 from Numbers 11:18-23 – God brought each person 60 bushels of quail that day. Is the LORD’s arm too short? I don’t think so…..
Lesson #2 from Numbers 13:26-33 – If God says the land is flowing with milk and honey, trust Him, it is….
Lesson #3 from Numbers 14:26-38 – Faith is rewarded – Joshua and Caleb would live to see the day that the Israelites entered the Promised Land because they believed God. Doubt is not rewarded….
Lesson #5 from Mark 9:14-25
Lord, I believe, help me overcome my unbelief!!!!!